The MOTHERSHIP lands for the first time in 2017 with another jam packed episode of the 6:05 Superpodcast! The Great Brian Last is joined once again by Scott Cornish in the co-host chair for a fun and informative episode, featuring:
– Australian wrestling historian Ed Lock joins the show to discuss Mario Milano and the early days of Jim Barnett’s World Championship Wrestling promotion. Ed talks about Barnett’s arrival in Australia, and what the wrestling landscape was like at that time. We hear about Dominic DeNucci, Spiros Arion, Killer Kowalski, Gary Hart, Big Bad John and many other of the biggest stars to land down under. This is a fascinating look at a territory whose stars many feel don’t get the respect they are due.
– Wrestling Historian Tom Burke is back, this week discussing Dr. Jerry Graham. Tom was friends with the Doc, so we are able to hear both his knowledge of Graham’s career as well as personal anecdotes. Tom also shares some great stories about Abe Ford, Tony Santos, The Vachons and more!
– Jeff Bowdren returns for part two of our discussion about the greatest wrestling matches and angles of the 1980’s. Jeff talks about attending the first Crockett Cup in New Orleans, a wild night out for Terry Gordy in Japan, Giant Baba’s plans for Bruiser Brody & Stan Hansen and much more! Jeff also talks about the territory he grew up watching, Championship Wrestling from Florida, and shines a light on 1982 in the Sunshine State, which was filled with great matches and angles and saw the surprising emergence of David Von Erich as a heel.
– TGBL & Scott talk about a number of topics, including Rogers’ Corner, Bill Dundee’s car, Missy Hyatt, Jimmy Valiant & Big Mama, The Hangman and more! Plus, Dennis Coralluzzo’s Memphis debut, TRnac, Stuttering Tommy Rich & the Top Ten!
Book Of The Week:
Dear Andy Kaufman, I Hate Your Guts! by Lynne Margulies & Bob Zmuda
- Top Ten (0:14:19)
- Fantasy Booking (1:24:37)
- Here & There (1:41:45)
- Dennis Of The Week (1:52:46)
- Jeff Bowdren (2:00:10)
- Tom Burke on Dr. Jerry Graham (2:38:32)
- Ed Lock on Australian Wrestling History (3:20:12)
Follow the show on Twitter at @605pod, as well as Brian at @GreatBrianLast.
Make sure to like the official Superpodcast Facebook page.
Official Superpodcast merchandise is now available.
You can also make PayPal donations to Brian.
Subscribe by adding 605feed.com to your preferred podcast app, or our iTunes link.
The official show wiki, a constant work in progress, is available at 6:05 Superpodcast Wiki.