The Superpodcast returns with another pier sixer of an episode, as The Great Brian Last is joined by former Smoky Mountain champion Bobby Blaze in the co-host chair. This week’s episode features:
– An extensive conversation with Bobby Fulton. Bobby talks about working in Stampede and how his look changed after an injury in a riot. Bobby shares his observations and memories of the 1983 Jerry Lawler/Lance Russell split from Jerry Jarrett that almost happened. We hear about his teaming with Terry Taylor as the Fantastic Ones in Chattanooga, what Junkyard Dog told the locker room in Mid South before he left for the WWF, how the Fantastics quit WCW and much more!
– TGBL & Bobby Blaze discuss Bobby’s career, including his training by the Malenkos, his time around Karl Gotch, his friendship with Sean Waltman, his escape from South Africa with help from the United States Embassy, growing up watching Memphis & ICW, beating Jerry Lawler for the SMW championship and more. Plus we hear talk about wrestling mimes, shoot backdrops, pretend wrestlers and more!
– We have part three of our look at classic John Tolos audio from 1971, during his famed heel run in Los Angeles.
– Stuttering Tommy Rich and Impressionist Jim Ross raise the stakes in their feud!
This is the longest episode in Superpodcast history, so CALL SOMEBODY!
- Superuniverse Top Ten (0:07:18)
- Fantasy Booking (2:39:27)
- Here and There (2:45:34)
- John Tolos audio (2:56:54)
- Bobby Fulton (3:15:22)
Follow the show on Twitter at @605pod, as well as Brian at @GreatBrianLast.
Make sure to like the official Superpodcast Facebook page.
Official Superpodcast merchandise is now available.
You can also make PayPal donations to Brian.
Subscribe by adding 605feed.com to your preferred podcast app, or our iTunes link.
The official show wiki, a constant work in progress, is available at 6:05 Superpodcast Wiki.