Vacation is over and the Superpodcast is back for with a fresh new episode! This episode includes:
- A conversation with Richard Vicek, author of the book Bruiser, on the history of the Chicago Wrestling Club, which was run by Verne Gagne, Dick The Brusier & Wilbur Snyder. Richard supplies us with rare audio from some of the biggest archars to ever work in Chicago, including a young Bobby Heenan, Mad Dog Vachon, Dr. X, the Chain Gang and many more.
- The return of the Top Ten and the listener fantasy booking of Marc Gullen vs. Orgasmic Larry Nelson.
- More listener questions and “What If” suggestions. We talk about a number of topics, including Harley Race skipping Starrcade ’83, the worst wrestling managers, Billy Jack Haynes and more!
Another packed show, so CALL SOMEBODY!
Book of the Week:
- Superuniverse Top 10 (0:00:00)
- Here and There (0:48:17)
- Listener Questions (1:16:20)
- Richard Vicek (2:18:41)
Follow the show on Twitter at @605pod as well as Bix and Brian at @davidbix and @GreatBrianLast, and also make sure to like the official Superpodcast Facebook page. To support the show, please consider using our Amazon referral link (CA) (UK), which doesn’t cost you anything extra, as well as doing a free trial of Amazon Prime or Kindle Unlimited through us, which we still get a referral fee for even if you cancel right away. You can also make PayPal donations to David and Brian. Subscribe by adding 605feed.com to your preferred podcast app, or our iTunes link.