The Superpodcast is back for another exciting week of action. Topics this week include:
- Part Two of our talk with AWA producer Polish Joe Ciupik, discussing Wally Karbo, an infamous Midnight Rockers promo incident, his relationship with Verne Gagne, Superclash III, the Team Challenge Series, Eric Bischoff, the story of the AWA’s talks with WGN & Hulk Hogan and much more!
- A fun talk with Kurt Brown about Los Angeles wrestling in the early 1980’s. We hear stories about The Monster, Ox Baker & Enforcer Luciano, Gordman & Goliath, a locker room brawl between the Guerreros and Timothy Flowers and, of course, a Dr. Mike Lano story. Kurt also joins us earlier in the show to discuss the ugliness of Jerry Brown.
- For the Dennis Of The Week we are joined by former newsletter writer and tape trader Brian Tramel.
- The return of our popular “What if” segment with: What If Hulk Hogan hadn’t left the AWA?
Also, Bruce Hart in our Homophobia Of The Week, more on Wild Bull Curry, The Top Ten, listener fantasy booking, 6:05 signs at shows and much more!
Book of the Week:
- Dennis Of The Week (1:44:23)
- Kurt Brown (2:00:15)
- What If? (2:38:23)
- “Polish” Joe Ciupik part 2 (3:06:17)
Follow the show on Twitter at @605pod as well as Bix and Brian at @davidbix and @GreatBrianLast, and also make sure to like the official Superpodcast Facebook page. To support the show, please consider using our Amazon referral link (CA) (UK), which doesn’t cost you anything extra, as well as doing a free trial of Amazon Prime or Kindle Unlimited through us, which we still get a referral fee for even if you cancel right away. You can also make PayPal donations to David and Brian. Subscribe by adding 605feed.com to your preferred podcast app, or our iTunes link.