As cries of “The Mothership!” ring out over the land, the 6:05 Superpodcast has returned with another packed show! The Great Brian Last is joined by John McAdam, making his return to the co-host chair, for this edition of The Only Podcast That Matters, featuring:
– Defense attorney Mickey Sherman joins the show to discuss defending the Iron Sheik after a 1985 incident at a gas station. Mickey explains what happened and the unique approach he took to ensure his client was seen by the court in a good light. We also hear Mickey’s memories about the Iron Sheik’s 1987 arrest with Jim Duggan, where he once again defended the former WWF Champion. We play classic audio from the 1985 promos Mickey filmed for the court, featuring Lou Albano, Bobby Heenan, Fred Blassie, Cyndi Lauper & Gene Okerlund!
– John Hitchcock returns this week with another installment of Front Row Section D! John’s story this week concerns the final event WCW ran in Greensboro, the night of the squeegee! John explains the original squeegee incident and how it inspired him to create something special for this event. As always with Hitch, this is a fun ride!
– We have another edition of the popular “What If?” segment with TGBL & David Bixenspan! Topics discussed include Gino Hernandez, Antonio Inoki, Continental, Jerry Lawler, Dusty Rhodes, Dynamite Kid & more!
– Allan Blackstock returns this week to once again give his opinion on a controversial topic, as he explains why he thinks Bruiser Brody is overrated!
– John McAdam presents his list of the top ten wrestlers who would have been better than Harley Race as the NWA Champion between 1977 & 1981! Plus, TGBL & McAdam discuss the Ric Flair 30 For 30, Thunderbolt Patterson, Bruiser Brody, Great American Bash 1991, The Horsemen & more!
THE ONLY PODCAST THAT MATTERS!
Book Of The Week:
How Can You Defend Those People? by Mickey Sherman
- Allan Blackstock on Bruiser Brody (1:02:42)
- “What If?” with David Bixenspan (1:32:12)
- Front Row Section D with John Hitchcock (2:12:13)
- Classic Audio of WWF Personalities Talking About The Iron Sheik (2:43:50)
- Mickey Sherman (2:51:34)
Follow the show on Twitter at @605pod, as well as Brian at @GreatBrianLast.
Make sure to like the official Superpodcast Facebook page.
Official Superpodcast merchandise is now available.
To make ongoing monthly donations to the Superpodcast, you can go to our Patreon page.
You can also make PayPal donations to Brian.
Subscribe by adding 605feed.com to your preferred podcast app, or our iTunes link.
The official show wiki, a constant work in progress, is available at 6:05 Superpodcast Wiki.
The 6:05 Superpodcast is a production of the Arcadian Vanguard Podcast Network