Time for another edition of the 6:05 Superpodcast, the best wrestling podcast on the planet! Hop aboard the Mothership again this week for a loaded episode featuring:
- An extensive interview with Richard Vicek, author of the recent Dick The Bruiser biography “Bruiser.” We cover every area of Bruiser’s career, from his early encounters with future wrestling greats to his rapid accession as one of wrestling’s biggest stars. We will talk about Bruiser’s success in Detroit, Chicago and Indianapolis, as well as his partnerships in the promotions that controlled those towns. If you grew up watching Dick The Bruiser, or are someone that has always wanted to know more about him, then you will love this segment.
- Jim Cornette joins us again to screen a classic IWA squash match with Rip Hawk vs. Billy Jackson. Jim also shares some stories of funny experiences the Midnight Express had with jobbers in the TBS days.
- The Superpod Rumble is back with some more rhymes. It is as great/awful as the first time we tried this.
- The Great Brian Last & Bix go over some listener suggestions for topics and “What If” segments.
All of that plus Brian Tramel back again for another Dennis Of The Week, The Superuniverse Top Ten, listener letters, follow ups and much more!
Book of the Week:
- Superuniverse Top 10 (0:00:00)
- Here and There (0:56:27)
- Dennis Of The Week (1:19:48)
- The Superpod Rumble (1:24:40)
- Jim Cornette watches Rip Hawk vs. Billy Jackson (1:33:25)
- Listener Questions (1:46:12)
- Richard Vicek (2:28:27)
Follow the show on Twitter at @605pod as well as Bix and Brian at @davidbix and @GreatBrianLast, and also make sure to like the official Superpodcast Facebook page. To support the show, please consider using our Amazon referral link (CA) (UK), which doesn’t cost you anything extra, as well as doing a free trial of Amazon Prime or Kindle Unlimited through us, which we still get a referral fee for even if you cancel right away. You can also make PayPal donations to David and Brian. Subscribe by adding 605feed.com to your preferred podcast app, or our iTunes link.