It’s for true! The Mothership has landed and another episode of the 6:05 Superpodcast has arrived! The Great Brian Last is joined this week by Kurt Brown in the co-host chair for another packed show, featuring:
– Part one of a conversation with Wayne St. Wayne, who wrestled in various territories as Mike Hammer. Wayne talks about growing up in St. Louis and discovering wrestling, as well as many of the memorable shows he attended at the Kiel Auditorium. We hear about Johnny Valentine, Dick The Bruiser, and how the St. Louis fans reacted to Bruno Sammartino. Wayne reveals how he transitioned from being a photographer to being a wrestler, and talks about his stops in Amarillo, Mid South and Florida. A fun talk!
– Scott Teal joins the show again to discuss the passing of wrestling historian J Michael Kenyon. Scott explains why Kenyon is considered the “God of Wrestling Historians.” Scott talks about working with Kenyon on projects, as well as future plans for some of the research and materials that Kenyon left.
– Roy Lucier returns to the show to discuss this year’s Cauliflower Alley Club convention in Las Vegas, which he just attended.
– TGBL & Vandal Drummond discuss many topics, including Bad Bad Leroy Brown, Dr. Jerry Graham & his Swami, Negro Casas, wrestlers with perms, Mil Mascaras shooting with Bob Roop, The Destroyer, Ricki Starr and more! Plus TRnac, The Handsome Boogie Man, Stuttering Tommy Rich, new Buddha Khan audio and much more!
THE ONLY PODCAST THAT MATTERS!
Book Of The Week:
Wrestling in the Garden – The Battle for New York: Works, Shoots & Double-Crosses by Scott Teal & J. Michael Kenyon
The Top Ten is sponsored by Ramseur Records & the release of David Childers’ new album “Run Skeleton Run.”
- Top Ten (0:22:26)
- Here & There (1:47:27)
- Roy Lucier on Cauliflower Alley (1:55:56)
- Scott Teal on J Michael Kenyon (2:36:37)
- Wayne St. Wayne part one (3:10:41)
Follow the show on Twitter at @605pod, as well as Brian at @GreatBrianLast.
Make sure to like the official Superpodcast Facebook page.
Official Superpodcast merchandise is now available.
To support the show, please consider using our Amazon referral link (UK) (CA), which doesn’t cost you anything extra, as well as doing a free trial of Amazon Prime or Kindle Unlimited through us, which we still get a referral fee for even if you cancel right away.
To make ongoing monthly donations to the Superpodcast, you can go to our Patreon page.
You can also make PayPal donations to Brian.
Subscribe by adding 605feed.com to your preferred podcast app, or our iTunes link.
The official show wiki, a constant work in progress, is available at 6:05 Superpodcast Wiki.